Apologies to everyone for this site going dark since last Spring 2017.
In the summer of 2017 our small 6 member board got even smaller as several folks resigned for very good and varied reasons.
The current board consists of three folks: Rhiannon Hart, Peter Switzer and Paul Belliveau. These folks are responsible for all functions of the Club – organizing teams, recruiting coaches, managing registrations, payments, AAU membership, taxes, commutations, operations and the like. It’s a goodly amount of work and we decided to pull back the load by limiting the amount of teams in the fall. We had hoped to grow the NH Gym Rats management team between the fall 2017 and spring 2018 seasons but the momentum of the season’s activities and with the annual holidays it just never happened.
FALL 2017 RECAP
We fielded four teams consisting of 33 players and attended 16 tournaments in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We had three returning coaches and welcomed two new coaches.
- Coach Scott Buffum – 13u Boys
- Coach Peter Switzer – 7th Grade Girls
- Coach Chris LaClair – 12u Boys
- Coach Jimmy Maiella and Ben MacArthur – 14u Boys
SPRING 2018 COMING UP…
We did not hold tryouts again this season due to limited organizational resources. We are planning on fielding 3-4 teams and are waiting on final confirmations.
LOOKING AHEAD – We need your help.
We are seeking to add board and working members to help organize and guide our Club into future seasons.
We also are looking for qualified coaches so we can field additional teams. We had a lot more calls from players/parents this season than in the fall looking for teams but we had no coaches.
We will return to advertising and holding tryouts for Fall 2018 in mid- to late-August. The final tryout date for Fall 2018 will be announced before the end of this spring season.
We can use your help – Please
- We need to add at least four new board members to help guide the club.
- quarterly 2 hour meetings
- accessibility and willingness to help on occasional special projects
- available for periodic advice outside of meeting time
- We need to add several folks to help with organizing the club.
- If you have an interest in basketball and a desire to help local youths, please the list below of positions we are looking for :
- Board Members
- Background/experience in non-profit finance
- Background/experience in marketing
- Background/experience in organizing/coordinating fundraising
- Background/experience in coordinating social and website communications
- Background/experience in organizing and mobilizing volunteers for fundraising
- Background/experience in bookkeeping
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in building our club and helping local kids.
Our website will be updated every two weeks on Sunday. Next update Sunday March 4th.