Boys and Girls 4th-11th grade are invited to tryout for NH Gym Rats – New Hampshire AAU basketball teams for the 2016 Spring Season.
We are are excited about the upcoming spring season for NH Gym Rats – a New Hamsphire AAU Basketball Club. Last year we fielded 12 teams with over 115 players and we’re looking forward to adding teams and players in this upcoming season.
Tryouts are Closed for 2016 Spring Season
Preregistration Deadline – January 30, 2016. Walk-ins are also welcome but please arrive early if registering onsite. Tryout fee is $20 for new players, $10 for players returning from the fall season and free for players who tried out but didn’t make a team this past fall season. Online preregistration begins on December 11, 2015.
Spring Tryout Sessions for New Hamsphire AAU Basketball –
January 23, 2016 (final tryouts on January 30) at Conant High School Pratt Gym tryout times have been assigned to specific age groups.
February 6, 2016 Club Meeting
3-5pm Conant High School Pratt Gym (attendance is mandatory)
- Learn about coaching philosophy, expectations of players, parents and coaches, ask questions
- Uniform Fittings
- Order Fan Gear for parents, players and friends.
- First payment – $185 – for tournaments and fees is due (make checks payable to NH Gym Rats)
March 18, 2016 Team Pride Day
6-7:30pm ConVal High School Gym (updated 1/23/2016) (attendance is mandatory)
- Pizza and Desserts will be served.
- Receive Uniforms
- Team Photos
- Receive Fan Gear
- Final payment for tournaments and fees is due.
Participation Fee The Player Participation fee for 4th-11th grades will vary by team and will be based on the number of tournaments your team chooses and the number of players on your team. Fee will include the following:
- Weekly practices and/or skill development sessions
- Player Insurance
- Dedicated Coaches
- AAU Player Membership Fees (if needed)
- AAU Club and Coaches fee
Additional costs as required: $75 new uniform
Traveling Expenses All costs associated with travel to and from tournaments such as transportation, food and hotel stays are the responsibility of the players/parents.
Practice Teams will practice weekly. Practice times will be scheduled based upon availability of gyms, coaches and trainers. Each individual player is expected to attend all practices and to practice basic skills at home every day.
* Financial assistance may be available for certain circumstances of financial hardship. Families must apply and be qualified to receive assistance. Please email for an application. All scholarship requests are kept confidential.
Are you interested in being a coach?
Due to the expansion of the program, we are always looking for motivated, qualified coaches. If you are looking to coach in the spring or you know someone who is qualified and interested in coaching, please email our Athletic Director Coach Springfield for more information. Please inquire about the benefits we offer our coaches.